- Crying too long after being beaten
- Not crying after being beaten
- Crying without being beaten
- Standing where elders are sitting
- Sitting while elders are standing
- Walking around aimlessly where elders are seated
- Eating food prepared for visitors
- Refusing to eat
- Coming back home after sunset
- Eating at the neighbour’s home
- Generally being too moody
- Generally being too excited
- Losing a fight with older age mate
- Winning a fight with your age mate
- Eating too slowly
- Eating too quickly
- Eating too much
- Not finishing your food
- Finishing your food and scraping your plate
- Eating and talking
- Sleeping while the elders in the house have already woken up
- Looking at the visitors while they are eating
- Stumbling and falling when walking
- Looking at an elder eye ball to eye ball
- When an elder is talking to you and you blink
- When an elder is talking to you and you stare and not blink
- When you look at an elder through the corner of your eye
- When your mates are playing street football and you join them
- When your mates are playing and you don’t join them
- When you don’t wash your dish after eating
- When you wash your dish improperly
- When you almost break your dish
- When you break your dish
- When you bite your nails.
34.. When you don’t bath🛀.
- When you bath🛀too quickly
- When you take too long to bath🛀.
- When you’re beaten in school for misbehaving
- When a car almost knocks you down
- When a car knocks you down and you don’t die!
- For not answering when spoken to
- For answering back when spoken to.
42 Beaten for going to Church or Mosque late.
43 Beaten for borrowing shoe/wears from friends.
Some of these reasons for beating a child may appear far-fetched today but they sure did happen and they were the norm that shaped the adults of today.
Kudos to African parents. We, the generation you almost killed with beating say ….
And if you were beaten because of any 3 of the above, please gather here for” Survival & Thanksgiving
Elders please arise and help this generation, they need us to guide them, start from your own end fast, things are gradually degenerating.
Our culture must not die!!