A lot of people try to determine our age based on our looks. Looking good is different from looking young, but some of us desire to have these two qualities. Looking younger than your age might also give you a longer lifespan.
When people see you, they will be shocked if you tell them your real age. Looking younger means there are no wrinkles on your face and your skin is not saggy. The following are some things you can do to look younger than your age:
1. At least once a week, do a workout session. According to Wellspring, having an exercise will allow your skin to look softer. You can sit in one position to do this. You don’t necessarily have to be involved in any sporting event.
2. Consume antioxidant-rich foods and beverages regularly. According to Healthline, this will help your body to be equipped with anti-aging agents that will help your skin remain active.
Some of the foods high in antioxidants you can find in Nigeria are tomatoes, pawpaw or mangos, vegetables, lettuce, and potatoes.
3. Don’t use body cream, soap, or toiletries that are not good for your skin. Everyone has a different type of skin texture. You need to know your skin texture and which cream is suitable for you.
4. Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration. You shouldn’t only drink water when you are thirsty. You should drink no less than 3 liters of water each day. Don’t replace water with carbonated drinks or juice; they are not the same thing.
Drink a cup of water immediately when you wake up in the morning to detoxify your body and refresh your skin. It also rejuvenates your brain and fosters the flow of blood in your body, which helps your skin stay moisturized.
5. Make it a necessity to get at least eight hours of sleep every night. It helps your body’s system rejuvenate. If you discover that you are having insomnia, kindly see a medical expert for help. Insomnia can make your skin wrinkle.
6. Constantly engage in mental activities that will keep your brain young. You can’t feel young if your brain is not youthful. You can play video games or engage your mind with entertaining games on your phone.
7. At least once a week, try to engage in physical intimacy with your partner. It’s a way of activating happy hormones in your brain, which can make you feel younger.
8. Try to avoid mental and physical stress as much as possible. When you are stressed, your body will release hormones that cause an increase in heartbeat. When your body organs and brain are overworked, it affects the youthfulness of your skin.