Immune system is like a strong hold that wards off illnesses, diseases and sicknesses. In its fort, we have white blood cells who are like soldiers that fight off foreign abnormalities that want to take you down. It fights and defends your system from infections and diseases, you only fall sick if they are overpowered. When your immune system is weak, you’ll easily and often fall sick, that is why it is very important for you to boost your immune system. This will help you remain strong and healthy.
Twelve Ways to Boost Your Immune System
1. Avoid excessive use of medicine. I know this sounds a bit confusing but excess intake of medicine weakens your immune system. Don’t get used to taking drugs daily except it has been prescribed for you by a doctor. Instead of letting your immune system do its work, you’ll only suppress it till it becomes weak.
2. Avoid Radiation: We are daily exposed to rays/radiation from different sources: phones, scanner, electronic gadgets, network mast etc. Stay away from them if possible or as much as you can. They weaken your immune system.
3. Stay away from seriously processed meals. Foods naturally made, preserved and cook are better because they contain no chemical or preservatives. Can foods are dangerous too, some of them have carcinogenic agents (agents that cause cancer). Eat balanced diet/highly nutritious food.
4. Consume more fruits, vegetables and grains. They make you healthier and stronger.
5. Exercise daily, it doesn’t have to be rigorous but it should be an activity that will make you fit. It will help you get rid of excess unhealthy fat. Toxins will be ejected and there will be easy blood flow which will circulate all nutrients and immune cells to all parts of the body with exercise.
6. Don’t neglect herbs and spices. They give essential nutrients. Extracts from some roots are very good as well. They are basic components of some modern drugs.
7. Take Probiotics: This can be obtained from foods or other consumables that contain bacteria which are suitable for health. They reduce the risk of respiratory and gastrointestinal infections. Example is lactobacillus, make sure you enquire about it from your doctor before use.
8. Rest: Rest and sufficient sleep puts you back in shape and boosts your immune system.
9. Faith: Belief in God helps us attain peace and this sends a good message to our system (psychologically). Meditation and socialising with good people and healthy company helps you stay healthy. That relaxation boosts your system.
10. Hydration: Drinking sufficient water is key to staying healthy. The body is composed of 70% water/fluid and you lose part of the water through sweat, tears, urinating etc, so you need to rehydrate often. It aids blood circulation too. Dehydration is detrimental to health because it increases concentration of toxins in the blood.
11. Avoid processed sugar, go for natural sugar like honey. Avoid caffeinated drinks too.
12. Stay away from cigarettes and alcoholic drinks. They weaken your immune system and affect your lungs, chest and kidney.
I hope you have learnt a lot in this article. Stay safe, strong and healthy.