There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass your examination and that means you are have finished your education. The whole of life, from the moment you were born to the moment till you die, is a process of learning.
Let’s take a look at the meaning of some important acronyms and abbreviations we make use of in our everyday lives.
1) A.M : This means(Ante meridiem). The AM is the salutation used in the early hours of a day, it simply means “Good morning”
2) P.M : This means (Post Meridiem). The PM is the salutation used to indicate the late hours of a day, and it simply means “Good afternoon or Good evening”.
3) ATM: Automated Teller Machine.
4) BP: Blood Pressure.
5) DNA: Deoxy Ribonucleic Acid.
6) AIDS: Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome.
7) HIV: Human immuno deficiency virus
8) PDF : (Portable Document Format)
9) POS: (Point Of sale)
10) DVD : (Digital versatile disk)
11) OTP : One Time Password
12) SARS: Special Anti- Robbery Squad
13) SWAT: Special Weapon Tactical Team
14) RSVP: Please Respond
We all use Google on a daily basis without even knowing it is an abbreviation. Google stands for Global Organization of Oriented Group Language of Earth.
16) SIM: Subscriber Identity Module
17) FBI: Federal Bureau Of Investigation
18) VPN: Virtual Private Network
19) SMS: Short Message Service
20) VAT: Value Added Tax
21) LED: Light Emitting Diode
22) UPS: Uninterrupted Power Supply
23) NGO: (Non- Governmental Organization)
24) SUV: (Sports Utility Vehicle)
25) I.P: (internet Protocol)
26) SD card : (Secure digital card)
27) RAM: (Random Access Memory)
28) ROM: (Read Only Memory)
29) AWOL: (Absent without leave)
30) GIF: (Graphics interchange format)
Hope you learnt something new?